Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 400,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview: At Scaled Agile we are building an in house team of creative software engineers to greatly expand applications supporting the SAFe framework as part of a growing membership platform. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your SaaS experience and expertise in a truly agile company with a design oriented team using software development best practices. We’re dedicated to providing our SAFe community the next generation capability for distributed, Agile teams. In addition to delivering significant functionality to our platform we’ll be looking to improve our cloud infrastructure and all the technical fun that entails.
What you’ll be doing: As a senior full-stack engineer you will be working with the team to deliver features for our platform. With your front-end skills, you will be implementing designs to create visually compelling user flows connecting them to application services via reactive component based development.
In terms of backend development, you will be designing and implementing APIs and application services to support front end development as well as creating backend components to support processing tasks and integrations with other systems.
Skills and experience important for the role: You must possess a solid technical background with the ability (or proven desire) to create secure, scalable, standards compliant solutions. While we’d like you to grok Agile development practices and multidimensional collaboration, we’re happy to teach you what you don’t know.
You are dynamic, fast working and absolutely reliable, capable of working under tight schedules. Good communication skills, attention to detail, patience and a sense of humor are essential.
○ At least 3 years experience in Angular and jQuery, developing self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
○ Given a visual design, you can generate html5 to create an implementation which works well on iOS/Android devices
○ Experience in functional concepts such as asynchronous programming using futures and functional composition
○ Command of a modern server-side programming language: Scala or Java
○ Build systems that are simple and scale
○ Ability to write code in a functional and reactive programming style
○ Proficient at API design and implementation
○ Experience developing with backend web application frameworks such as Lift, Play!, Spring Boot, Phoenix or Django.
○ Familiarity with relational mapping technology and able to write SQL to update and retrieve data
○ Facile with concurrent programming and distributed systems development.
○ Proficient at API design and implementation
○ Able to interface with front end and backend developers to architect simple solutions to complex problems
○ Able to function within a team with fluid roles and evolving backlog
○ Adhere to best practices by using and creating development patterns
○ Able to deliver whole and complete product within the bounds of sprint
Where you’ll be working: This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and are the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).