Full Stack Developer
Greater Boulder Area
We are currently focused on AWS but foresee using Azure and other cloud services in the future. In the near term the primary development tasks for Cloud Services will include:
- Collaborate with developers across the organization to architect and develop a REST API across our data
- Architect and develop Access Controls across our data in collaboration with senior engineers
- Work with Product Management to ensure we have the proper micro-services, API, and security model for our customers to consume data
- Automate tasks and processes in the cloud where possible e.g. continuous deployment vs. pushing to production. Skills with AWS are crucial; Azure is a nice win. Knowing Internet-standard tools is important as we build this platform.
- AWS S3, EC3, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda
- Security is critical; you will be working closely with PMs to design and manage credentials and services.
- ArcGIS, Orbit, and other GIS tools – we use a variety of tools from partners such as Esri and Orbit. These tools will need to be deployed, maintained, secured, and highly-available.
Knowledge and skills
- Node.js, Python, and React highly desirable
- AWS Lambda, AWS S3, REST API design, security, ACLs
- Ability to jump in and help out where needed. We roll up our sleeves and pitch in regardless of job role or background. This feels more like a startup than a successful mid-tier company; we’re hungry and passionate and want to get good work done.
- BS in Computer Sciences or similar preferred; comparable industry experience accepted
- Skills and passion around GIS, knowledge of GIS tools, an interest in geo-spatial mathematics and photogrammetry are very useful in this position.
Read Full Job Description