Front-End Software Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients around the world. We use modern API-driven client-side rendered frameworks and .NET server-side rendered applications to deliver custom user interfaces that complement our clients' existing brand. With access to thousands of in-house data feeds, we utilize highly leveraged service tier applications to create solutions that delight our customers. Working in an agile and highly collaborative environment, our teams join together as one to deliver world class products.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to a cross-functional agile team developing and maintaining proof-of-concept solutions.
- Help establish and build our usage analytics capabilities.
- Develop single page applications in React or Vue, and/or server-side rendered applications in .NET with C#/Razor.
- Produce RESTful API applications in Node.js which adhere to specifications defined in Swagger 2.0/OpenAPI.
- Utilize microservice-style backend applications to retrieve and process complex datasets.
- Mentor and learn from developers of all levels, continually building your own skill sets and capabilities in order to help teams achieve their sprint and project goals.
- Partner with our amazing design team to bring our client’s vision to reality.
- Tap into your passion for building intuitive, performant, and secure web experiences to create the next generation of industry leading web sites.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of application development experience
- Experience developing responsive applications for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Applicable experience using the following technologies:
- jQuery, Bootstrap, LESS. SASS
- React, Vue, or Angular
- C# or Java
- Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- NPM, Gulp, Continuous Integration Tools
- Centralized version control system like Git or Subversion
- RESTful APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI specifications
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience is encouraged:
- Experience working with containers
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Consul, and Docker
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing
- Knowledge of Financial domain