Front End Developer at Scaled Agile, Inc.
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 500,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Join us at Scaled Agile and become part of a high-performing team that values collaboration, quality, and continuous improvement at a sustainable pace—all while delivering competitive compensation and respecting your work/life balance.
Overview of the position:
We are looking for a mid- to senior-level Front End Developer to join our growing Information & Technology team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team building and optimizing multiple properties which see hundreds of thousands of page views per month.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and develop new features and enhancements to web properties and infrastructure. This infrastructure includes WP Engine, Wordpress and industry-standard plugins, plus CI/CD pipelines
- Research, evaluate, implement and support future web properties & technologies
- Research, implement and maintain tools to drive efficiencies, system and workflow improvements for both our technical team and non-technical content editors
- Maintain, optimize and support our web analytic and performance monitoring systems
- Assist with front end development on the SAFe Community Platform as needed (Salesforce)
- Participate in Agile team ceremonies (daily standups, iteration planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Special projects as needed
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- 3+ years experience working with enterprise CMS systems including Wordpress (theme and plugin development, etc). Strong preference for experience working with WP Engine.
- A web/project portfolio that demonstrates your talent in developing engaging web experiences.
- Demonstrated soft skills collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience implementing usability and accessibility best practices to translate designs into working software.
- Experience applying DevOps practices (e.g. Bitbucket delivery pipelines, automated testing, deployment, and monitoring solutions).
- Experience applying technology to provide data-driven intelligence.
- Experience using Agile practices and the benefits it can provide to individuals, teams and organizations.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and tracking analytics goals/funnels.
- Experience with object-oriented design (DRY, OO) and mobile first environments.
- Experience with integrating user testing suites (e.g. A/B Testing).
- Interest in open source and enterprise CMS software.
- Experience in Salesforce Lightning UI development.
- Experience with Sketch and InVision.
Our team values
- Collaboration & Teamwork - In order to achieve the best results we collaborate with our peers, both on the team and across teams.
- Quality - Quality is part of our DNA, and we make time to ensure our work meets these standards.
- Demonstration - We regularly showcase our work through formal and informal demos to gather feedback.
- Sustainable Pace - We believe there is a time and place for heroics, but we do not believe that heroics should be regularly required to fulfill our commitments.
- SAFe/Agile - We embrace Agile practices & SAFe in the organization so that we can align to deliver top priorities in a predictable cadence with high quality and regularly retrospect to continuously improve together.
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our beautiful corporate headquarters and training center in NE Boulder with easy access from Foothills Parkway, free parking, the right amount of flexibility, and the occasional free lunch.
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still relatively small, every single person in the organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a portfolio link and maybe a cover letter with a few thoughts on why you’d like to join the team. (We still read cover letters.)