Front End Developer (Remote) at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Front End Developer with experience working on public-facing web properties, full-stack projects and being part of a fast-paced, fun-loving team.
As a Front End Developer you will be responsible for:
- Integrating client-side code with web services, social platforms, and our Java backend infrastructure
- Working with key business partners in Creative Design, UX/UI and Product Development to produce beautiful and functional pages
- Working on progressive redesign and maintenance projects that have an immediate impact on how our customers experience our brand every day
- Staying ahead of the curve in order to suggest and implement new technologies and methodologies into our site and workflow
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 3+ years of experience in:
- Cross-browser functionality testing
- Version Control (Git, SVN, CVS, etc.)
- Modern browsers, their rendering engines, and an awareness of industry best-practices for handling those differences
- Problem-solving skills and responding quickly to evolving requirements
- RESTful APIs
- Unit testing, integration testing, and test driven development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
- Bonus points if you've worked with js and npm, JS Module patterns, AJAX, Server-side templating frameworks like JSP/JSTL or Pug/Jade
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!