Escalation Engineer at Convercent
Do you like challenges? Does a good mystery thrill you? If so, this role may be the perfect fit for you!
Convercent is seeking an Escalation Engineer to support our growing team and continuously improve the customer experience. This is a technical role which is integral to the success of Convercent and our customers. In this role, you will focus on customer challenges and getting to the bottom of technical issues. Whether there are bugs in the system, opportunities for customer education around how the platform works, or creative solutions needed, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our customers are receiving the full value of the Convercent platform.
- Ensure delivery of a first class, genuine and personalized customer support experience
- Troubleshoot and investigate platform issues reported from clients, including building SQL queries, reviewing server event logs, failure mode isolation and debugging
- Tier 1 to Tier 2 Defect enrichment for escalation to engineering when not resolvable in Tier 2
- Serve as the liaison between customers and internal teams communicating defects, new business requirements and technology enhancement requests for improved customer experience
- Partner well across departments, thinking creatively, and problem-solving along the way
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert on all things Convercent and partner with our clients' technical departments/personnel as it relates to planning and strategy discussions
- Must demonstrate a deep understanding of the application configuration and how the product behaves under different scenarios
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relational Database Management, SQL scripting, MS SQL Required
- 2+ years of Tier 2 software support experience
- Prior experience in SaaS/Software industry required
- Operate with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and architecture, MS
- Web application development, debugging and troubleshooting, MVC
- Experience with SSO configurations
- Passionate about customer service and utilizes empathy to understand customer needs
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems, Salesforce
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal and eloquent writing skills
- A passion for learning and a willingness for taking on new challenges
- Understanding of Information security
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.