Engineering Team Lead - Cloud at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for a Team Lead to help us build the next generation of the flagship Alteryx product, Alteryx Designer.
We are moving a legacy desktop application, Alteryx Designer, to the cloud. This is a huge and exciting initiative at Alteryx and we’re looking for a motivated self-starter to lead a team that’s responsible for building the backend of our next generation platform.
We are looking for a team lead with knowledge of micro-service design patters as well as deployment best practices. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of industry standard security considerations, automation and deployment techniques including how best to leverage Docker containers and deployment pipelines. Node.js / Express.js will be the standard technology used for developing our micro services so experience with that stack is a must.
- Agile / Lean organization principles
- Excellent communication
- Node.js + Express.js design patterns
- Proficiency with communicating with a database
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant micro-services.
- Knowledge of relevant security considerations
- Authentication best practices
- Pipeline configurations
- CI/CD (Gitlab preferred)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Major cloud provider tooling (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Nice to Have’s
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with a cloud container service (ECS, AKS)
- Build and maintain highly available systems.
- Lead and guide the team in identifying and implementing new technologies.
- Environment scripting like Terraform, Ansible, Chef