Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is a team of 160+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You’ll Do
As an Engineering Manager, your primary responsibility is to support the engineers who report to you. 90% of your time will be dedicated to management responsibilities with 10% of your time dedicated to getting your hands dirty - observing, learning or assessing. You’ll report directly to our VP of Engineering and will play a primary role in empowering our engineers to deliver value to our customers, while also fostering professional growth.
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll ship high-quality software on predictable schedules during our product cycles, partnering closely with Product Managers to cut scope and continuously deliver software in a lean way.
- Our empowered engineers will be highly productive and collaborative within and across teams, thanks to your leadership.
- We’ll deliver value to our customers with high quality during every iteration, thanks to your strong customer-focused orientation.
- We’ll continue to recruit, hire and retain the best engineers in the state, thanks to your dogged focus on making GoSpotCheck a best-in-class engineering organization, your uncompromising hiring practices and ability to challenge and develop your team!
Who You Are
- You have management experience over software engineering teams of 5+.
- You have a deep understanding of modern, agile software practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- You know how to manage against performance metrics and have the ability to get buy-in from your teams.
- You’re task-oriented, and comfortable making decisions. Ideas are great, but you're more of an executor.
- You have zen-like command over your time and task management, even when things seem to be overwhelming.
- You’re a great coach - Whether it’s technical skills, people skills or life in general, you know how to develop your team!
- You’re a talent magnet - People have heard great things about working for you and will jump at the opportunity!
- You know when and how to delegate work, and how to hold your teams accountable for their commitments.
- You care about your team on a personal level but know where to draw professional boundaries.
- You foster a culture of autonomy, mastery and purpose - People want to work for you!
- You have a strong track-record of planning and executing projects with complex interrelated functionalities.
- Root cause analysis is easy for you, but you get your kicks by guiding others to work through their problems and arrive at solutions themselves.
- There’s no one better than you at framing, planning and communicating around technical projects and concepts.
- You understand the deeper context within conversations and have superior listening skills - People KNOW they’ve been heard when they come to you!
- You Own It! - Whether it’s related to employees, product, delivery or financials, you own your sphere and others follow your lead.
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- You earned a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and have supplemented that education with an MBA or other business-focused education.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description