Engineering Manager (Remote) at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is looking for an Engineering Manager to aid in squad leadership on our Product Engineering team(s). These squads build and maintain the products and experiences used every day by our students, partners and internal student support teams.
We are looking for an upbeat leader to lead the day-to-day operations of our engineering squads while also being willing to be involved and contribute to the codebase. An ideal candidate will excel at helping teams build scalable technology while balancing the needs of a fast-paced business environment. Be responsible for partnering with other leaders on the Product and Engineering teams to help craft the best solutions to tackle the problems at hand, whether that be through people, process, or technology.As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Mentor, coach and direct a team of diverse Engineers
- Partner with our product management team to help scope and deliver solutions against Guild's business goals while balancing the ongoing needs of the Engineering Team
- Collaborate with other Engineering Leaders like Stafford Brunk, Tom Hlavaty and Jess Rusin to identify and solve common problems across the Engineering Team
- Assist your squads as they build solutions based on technologies like React, Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, and AWS Lambda
Ideal candidate will have:
- A consistent track record of successfully managing people
- A desire to lead a team of 4+ engineers while also serving as an individual contributor
- Expertise in technologies like Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript, or Node
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- Experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven,, including a base salary range of $180,000 - $215,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth