Engineering Manager (Remote)
Greater Denver Area
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. We are on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to utilize new technologies and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Why You Matter
- You'll work closely with your team, product management, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality products and services to our external and internal customers.
- You’ll work closely with stakeholders to understand, refine and translate requirements into sustainable solutions that support business objectives.
- You’ll work with your team to break down projects into sprints with tasks and estimates, ensuring continuous transparency and delivery.
- You'll be responsible for growing and developing a team of talented engineers, with growing expectations around individual ownership and impact. You’ll support your team through 1:1’s, scheduled team stand-ups and clear, measurable goals at the team and individual level.
- You’ll track and measure your team’s performance - you’ll hold your team accountable to requirements, schedules, and promises made.
- You’ll be an active participant in architecture, design and code review, helping ensure we make decisions that scale, are well tested, and meet customer needs.
Who You Are
- You have experience developing and supporting enterprise software.
- You can meaningfully support your team in a technical capacity.
- You know what it takes to build a customer-oriented engineering team.
- You have experience working with cross-functional partners.
- You have experience supporting and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- You have experience in growing and managing diverse teams.
- You have experience managing projects with junior and senior engineers.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring engineers; you have effective ways of encouraging personal growth and accountability.
- You have direct experience with technologies such as Ruby, Rails, Rust, and Terraform, or you have similar experience with other technologies and know how to quickly ramp up.
- You have experience working in cloud compute environments such as Amazon Web Services.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone & internet, and discretionary stipends
Read Full Job Description