The Director of Software Engineering at Granicus is a managerial and technical leader of a software engineering department. This person has extensive hands-on experience in software engineering and has the capacity to make responsible tactical and strategic decisions concerning the operability, sustainability, security, and scalability of the Granicus platform. They are responsible for developing procedures and practices that support the execution of the engineering team's objectives, while helping to maintain the innovative, fun, and purposeful culture of the team. The Director works with leaders across the Product Team – such as the Security Team, the Program Manager, and the Director of Operations – to ensure key stakeholders' needs are represented. The Director establishes and collects key performance indicators of their team to report to upper management. Finally, the Director is a manager of managers, and is responsible for employee development, mentoring, training, and performance assessments.
What you'll do:
- Represent software engineering interests in interactions with product management, platform engineering, and technical operations leaders
- Perform hiring and employee management, including coaching, skills development, and performance assessment
- Ensure scrum team structure fully represents company priorities on an ongoing basis
- Provide technical insight for executive decision-makers
- Facilitate horizontal collaboration between engineers and other technical staff
- Prioritize and delegate security issues from the Security team to the software engineering teams
- Identify and/or help to eliminate obstacles or sources of inefficiency in the software development process
- Report on and develop new key performance indicators for the software teams to provide clarity on productivity and technical health
- Extensive (i.e. multiple years' worth of) experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications using the web technologies, programming languages, and support and automation tools that build and maintain the Granicus platform and product suite
- Demonstrated track record of success in designing complex systems in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Detail orientation; data-driven and highly analytical approach
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills for assessing business opportunities and interacting with all internal organizations and business customer groups
- High level of personal initiative, integrity, and leadership
- Ability to serve as the technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.