Director of Software Engineering at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:26 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, August 1, 2020
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 7 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
The Director of Software Engineering will oversee four different engineering teams designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity certainty. Leveraging your knowledge and passion for excellence you will lead teams, deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
What You Are Accountable For
- Build the engineering organizational structure and processes that scale and enable our growth
- Recruit, retain, and support engineers through mentorship, training, and leadership
- Enable and inspire your team to find innovative solutions to challenges
- Collaborate with senior leaders on strategic planning (e.g. resourcing, roadmap creation and execution)
- Maintain, enforce, and provide input on processes to ensure high quality, high performance, and meeting customer expectations
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical
- Promote and cultivate ownership of design, execution, and deployment of product features
- Ability to react quickly to changing customer and business needs
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
What We Require
- 3 to 5 years of engineering experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in engineering management, particularly managing multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in similar role scaling company from $50M to $200M in revenue
- Proven ability to recruit and scale local engineering talent
- Strong experience in SCRUM
- Experience with in-person, remote, and offshore teams
- College or University Degree
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description