Director of Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to provide sound technical leadership for our highly driven and talented engineering team.
Strong leadership skills and business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current integration technology trends and have experience performing on a highly driven, product-focused development team. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about helping the team develop and grow their careers while also providing architectural guidance to engineering a killer product by effective collaboration with the Product Management team and Cloud Elements’ founders.
Some Tactical things:
- Develop and lead the engineering team - responsible for career and skill growth guidance, have regular one on ones with each direct report, build trust and advocate for your team
- Hold regular staff meetings as a means to communicate things happening in the rest of the business, facilitate conversation and field questions and concerns from the team
- Support the team on systems and architectural design
- Process ownership - you will lead SDLC and Agile development processes
- Communicate and collaborate frequently with stakeholders across the business about things going on in the engineering team
- Provide engineering influence into product roadmap, design, and partner projects
- Champion engineering initiatives (like resolving tech debt, increasing reliability, product features that originate in engineering)
- Provide technical expertise during product and strategy meetings and with big customers/partners
- Proven experience in a leadership role; have grown and nurtured a high performing engineering team
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering
- System design/architecture
- Microservice design
- Leads with data-driven decision making
- Capacity planning and management
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- And a sense of humor of course!
What we can offer you:
- Challenging work with leading edge technology
- Career growth opportunities
- Benefits - Equity, Medical, dental, 401k, flex time off
- Education and training opportunities, team referral bonuses, catered lunch, powder day, summer hikes, the list goes on!
- Office locations: We have offices in Denver, Dallas, and Hyderabad. You may also work occasionally from your home office!
We'd love to hear from you! Please upload your resume and share with us why you think you'd be the perfect fit for our team! Cloud Elements celebrates diversity, we are an equal opportunity employer!