Director of Engineering at Homebot
Director of Engineering
Homebot is an exciting, fast-growing start-up, revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our platform services to real estate agents and lenders as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete.
The Director of Engineering will help grow and lead our existing team of engineers to execute on the product and technology roadmap. Some of the technical challenges include: securing and processing large amounts of public & real estate data, creating CRM integrations, scaling, monitoring compliance, machine learning and creating an amazing and elegant user experience. While not a hands-on position, this is a highly technical role that’s able to plan out the future with the engineers while relating it back to the rest of the company.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon!
Who We Strive To Be:
- Servant Leaders: Serving our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Learners: We learn and share from experiences and mistakes
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, and paddle together
Characteristics of an incredible Homebot Director or Engineering:
- Calculated risk taker who can make quick decisions
- Highly technical and collaborative
- Passionate about new technologies & implementing best practices
- Quick learner and happy to help wherever needed!
What you’ll do and what you have done:
- Collaborate with lead engineers to create and execute on core technology plans around APIs, data, security, scalability, etc.
- Be the relationship and technical broker with external partners, resellers’ technical teams, contractors and Homebot development team, when necessary to accomplish business goals
- Scale, attract, retain, mentor and empower a diverse development team of Senior, Mid and Junior level engineers
- Work with Product Managers to optimize product roadmap to accomplish business goals
- Improve code & process quality and foster a culture of strong engineering design and delivery
- Track and manage key engineering metrics such as team velocity, quality and team morale
- Work with company stakeholders to create open transparency around technical plans and execution
- 5+ years experience growing and leading engineering teams
- 5+ years writing software ideally with the languages and frameworks below
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex technical issues
- Expert at Scrum and Agile development processes
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
- Experienced leadership team with success in multiple exits
- Health benefits, 401K & EcoPass
- Great vacation policy- we believe in taking care of yourself!
- Brand new office location overlooking Union Station
- Opportunities for growth!
More about Homebot:
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Each month, Homebot delivers a personalized report to homeowners that tracks home value, mortgages and market conditions, advice about when to buy or sell, when to refinance, when to drop mortgage insurance, how to save by strategically paying principal payments, and even estimates potential rental income from Airbnb. Homebot helps homeowners build wealth faster by making them feel empowered and confident about making smart home finance decisions.
But the only way a homeowner can get Homebot is from their lender or real estate agent, and this is where we make magic happen. Homebot respects the existing relationships between homeowner, lender and real estate agent and becomes a machine for generating repeat and referral business while creating incredible loyalty by providing something their clients actually love to receive - every month.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai
* We realize your time is very valuable. Please do not apply if you do not have the minimum experience for this role. Thank you! *