DevOps Engineer at CirrusMD Inc.
We are looking for a passionate DevOps engineer with two or more years of experience to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. Working closely with our Product Engineering and Security/Compliance teams, you will design infrastructure, write code to automate and manage infrastructure, and ensure we are adhering to best practices. for securing infrastructure. You are both service and detail oriented, understand impacts of any change to the infrastructure, and are comfortable individually shepherding ideas into reality as well as pairing up with other teammates on large, complex projects. Strong collaborators with craftsperson tendencies and an inherent sense of ownership will thrive here.
What You Will Accomplish:
- You will design and manage scalable, resilient, and secure cloud infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, container orchestration, and various scripting languages.
- You will support our product engineering and security/compliance teams to implement effective platform observability through logging, metrics, and alerting.
- You will handle periodic requests from our operations and customer support teams.
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, RDS, ElastiCache for Redis, Elasticsearch, S3, IAM, KMS, and networking components such as VPC, transit gateway, routes and security groups.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, particularly Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Experience with platform visibility such as logs, metrics, and alerting
- Experience with one or more CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with solving DevOps problems using shell and Python scripting languages.
- Confidence working with a variety of teams with different experience including engineering, security/compliance, operations, and customer support on a daily basis.
- Willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with a compliance reporting framework such as SOC2.
- Experience with log platforms involving Fluentd (or Fluent Bit), AWS Kinesis, and AWS Elasticsearch.
- Experience with metrics platforms involving AWS CloudWatch, InfluxDB, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience with secrets management and credential rotation.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and package repositories.
- Experience writing tests for various types of infrastructure and configuration management code such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and ability to assist engineers and customers with implementation
Join our team and help us deliver Care Without Barriers. Our company offers significant opportunity for motivated self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment that is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k savings, flexible vacation and working policies, competitive salaries and stock options and an EcoPass. CirrusMD is located in the Catalyst HTI building in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, a newly built office space, with access to open-air shared workspaces and community areas, and a highly engaged community of healthcare and tech innovation leaders. Subsidized parking, on-site gym and shower facilities are also available to our team. Given the current environment, most employees are working remotely and we plan to maintain a conservative approach to revisiting employees working in the office.
Salary Range: 110k - 135k
CirrusMD helps health plans create happier, healthier, and more engaged members by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects members to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 90 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn’t end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness. CirrusMD has partnered with over a dozen major national payers and healthcare systems to deliver extraordinary virtual care to millions of lives across the nation. The company was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies:
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.