Date: Mar 16, 2021
Location: Denver, CO, US, 80206
Company: VIZIO, Inc.
About the Team:
Do you enjoy working with a talented, fast-paced team to deliver mission critical software? Vizio is growing our Cloud Services team to help deploy, manage, monitor and troubleshoot our cloud-based services for a wide variety of customers.
As a DevOps Engineer you will design and implement web applications and REST API services using a microservice-based infrastructure to complement our existing microservices architecture. The technology stack is primarily AWS and leverages both lambda and container orchestration for compute, as well as the various storage and networking services available at AWS. Monitoring tools are both in-house and external, using a combination of custom-built and third party services; your focus will be on improving telemetry and implementing mechanisms to maximize system uptime.
You will build innovative automated solutions and tools to help debug and resolve problems in production and prevent them from recurring. Further, you will proactively seek out system weaknesses and find ways to fix them before they cause production issues using monitoring data.
- 5 years experience with software engineering, software development, or system operations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Expertise in Linux shell scripts, and Linux internals
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Experience operating large-scale production systems built in modern languages
- NodeJS, Python, Java, Go, Rust, or similar
- Understands networking and messaging, especially between services
- Has hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
- Has experience with managed CI/CD (CircleCI, CodeBuild)
- Experience with DevOps engineering or SRE
- Experience with containers, such as with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Sentry.io, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using IaaC tools like CloudFormation, Serverless and Terraform.
What You Will Do:
- Keeping our services running and recovering quickly when failure occurs.
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that services meet security, SLA, and performance requirements.
- Writing, updating, and using documentation, including system architecture and runbooks.
- Automating work including infrastructure needs, testing, failover solutions, failure mitigation.
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack.
- Developing and improving CI/CD processes to improve cadence.
- Using test and behavior-driven development to maintain automated testing of real-world conditions
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $90,000/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Testing, Java, Developer, Cloud, Engineering, Technology