DevOps Engineer at Mersive
Mersive is a rapidly growing software company in downtown Denver that offers an award-winning wireless collaboration product suite that is transforming how organizations work and learn. We’re seeking a candidate to fulfill the DevOps Engineer role on our fast-paced development team. We’re looking for a qualified leader with demonstrated experience taking a holistic, strategic approach to high-volume environments.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Denver, Mersive Technologies is well-known as a market disruptor in the collaboration software space that has had 3 straight years of profitable operations and double-digit sales growth. This combination of innovation, rapid growth, and profitability make us a unique technology company. Our wireless collaboration products make the world’s meetings better by a more productive and engaging experience. Among our customers are over 30 Fortune 100 companies and Ivy League universities who use Mersive Solstice to make their workplace meaningful, connected and more enjoyable for everyone. Since launching Solstice in 2014 it has been deployed in over 100,000 meeting spaces through our worldwide sales and integrator partner network.
But who are we?
We are a diverse team of over 150 dedicated people who genuinely care about our work, customers and each other. We promote a culture of innovation, trust and accountability. We value transparency, intellectual honesty, hard work and community. Mersive is growing quickly, and we are looking for folks who like a challenge and aren’t afraid to break new ground in either technology or business models.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and build out GCP infrastructure using Terraform deployed via CI/CD
- Act as mentor to developers regarding Cloud, infrastructure, Docker, networking, CI/CD best practices, etc.
- Help to build out site reliability, monitoring, logging, APM, metrics, security, and alerting best practices
- Maintain and improve/expand all back-end build tools and services (artifact repos, Terraform code, etc.)
- Collaborate with developers to help debug and troubleshoot bugs and customer issues.
- Have built, scaled, and managed cloud infrastructure with the latest tools in AWS and/or GCP.
- Strong experience in IaaS automation, including development. Experience with Terraform, managed Kubernetes, and Prometheus + Grafana + Alertmanager (or similar) a plus.
- Have strong knowledge of cloud architecture, configuration management, load-balancing, and CI/CD best practices. Experience with a Docker-native CI/CD tool (ConcourseCI, Bitbucket Pipelines, CircleCI, etc) a plus.
- Led building and running robust CloudOps best practices.
- Have advocated for HA and various scaling models appropriate to the task, including containerization.
- Experience with building and managing robust monitoring capabilities.
- Running database deployments in a larger relational database like Postgres, and NoSQL environments.
- In-depth experience with networking and network security, along with cloud security.
- Managed and administered multi-platform environments (Linux, Mac OSX, Windows).
- Ideally, you have done this for 6+ years
- Bonus points for experience in SaaS software for meeting collaboration or video conferencing companies, or developing video streaming, networking, or graphics software.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture of collaboration, integrity, authenticity and innovation.
- High growth and endless opportunity
- Competitive targeted compensation range of between $80k - $150k, inclusive of salary and bonus.