Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
We’re looking for a lead Developer Advocate to champion developer marketing for Nylas’ high-growth business productivity APIs. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating digital content, demos, code samples, and other technical assets to drive strategic developer marketing initiatives. This individual will become an equal expert in all Nylas products and key marketing channels like SEO, events, and developer-centric social media. . The ideal candidate is fluent in at least one programming language and can communicate their technical understanding with others in an intuitive manner.
This role is perfect for you if you are:
-Knowledgeable about best practices for integrating third-party REST APIs
-Capable of explaining complex solutions in clear terms that are accessible to diverse audiences.
What You'll Do
- Prepare technical content for technical YouTube demos, engineering-centric blog posts,, hackathons, and more, .
- Build technical demos that demonstrate the capabilities of the Nylas Platform.
- Be the primary proxy user for the developer audience to help Nylas improve our developer experience.
- Be the marketing team’s technical expert as we define initiatives to attract developers to the Nylas product ecosystem.
- Respond to developers on public communication channels like GitHub and Stack Overflow to facilitate the growth of a healthy, supportive developer community.
- Be the primary proxy representative for our developer audience to share insights about their needs and challenges with the Nylas product team.
- As desired, build your personal brand through technical blogs, demos, videos, and conference travel.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum 3+ years of experience producing technical content to engage developer audiences.
- Software development expertise across a variety of languages and frameworks, both backend and frontend
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in software engineering, tooling, testing, and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable with public speaking
- Desire to engage with technical audiences online and in-person to help developers build with the Nylas product ecosystem.
- Empathy with technical audiences, and an ability to articulate their needs to product teams
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): including 14 company-wide holidays and mandatory requirement to take 2 consecutive weeks of PTO off after your 6 month anniversary
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
120,000-180,000 + equity
Read Full Job Description