Cloud Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
At Alteryx Inc., we value altering the status quo, boldly stepping into the unknown and uncovering something no one else has ever done before. Our associates couple their strength of character with an innovative analytics platform and have the drive to achieve more than ever thought possible. Blend your will and skill to embrace and solve challenges and we will help you alter everything about your preconceived notions of work. Join the Alteryx team to break barriers and experience the thrill of solving.
To support our rapid growth and enable our 1200+ associates worldwide, Alteryx is adding a Cloud Engineer to its cloud team. As a Cloud Engineer you would spearhead the planning, configuration, and implementation of best-in-class IT services to support and enable the growth of all our associates. A Cloud Engineer is responsible for the administration, monitoring and management of systems in multiple cloud environments. The cloud engineer must ensure cloud infrastructure is robust, scalable, and reliable to support applications and services for all customers.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions.
- Develop, operate and maintain core automation, tools, governance, security, networking, reporting tasks and cloud infrastructure.
- Identify and raise technical, business and operational risks and opportunities for increased automation.
- Build and execute standard infrastructure items in service catalog.
- Troubleshooting, performance analysis and remediation to improve cloud stability, performance and security.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Demonstrate collaborative, team-focused approach (succeeding and failing as a team).
- Enable fellow IT staff through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Support 24x7 operations environment with up to 10% travel (ability to support Some off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Participation in on call rotation.
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure.
- AWS, GCP, Azure compute, storage and networking.
- Support Cloud development pipelines using CI/CD tooling, Cloud Formation and other Infrastructure as Code tooling as appropriate.
- Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM etc...).
- General automation including AWS and Azure CLI, or Ansible, Python, PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery models.
- Familiarity with authentication patterns (IAM and MFA).
- Monitoring, alerting and logging tools, and build/release processes.
- Understanding of computing technologies across Windows and Linux.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prior experience working with developers, DBA’s, and/or Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems.
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies.
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skills.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours