Chief Technology Officer at Havenly
At Havenly, we design real spaces for real people. Online. Whether it’s uncovering your personal style, helping you design a tricky space, or turning your house into a home - we love working with you. Our goal is to make home design effortless, empowering and accessible for everyone!
We are looking for a smart, kind, goal-oriented CTO to lead our technology team and continue to build, improve, and innovate on the applications that run our business and create the most delightful experiences for our customers. Constantly striving to ensure that our overall service offering is that best and most delightful that it possibly can be. The leader of our technology team has proven experience building a performance-driven environment that is collaborative and fun and enjoys getting into the weeds with the team to solve challenges and offer support.
Must be located or interesting in relocating to Denver, CO.What You’ll Do:
Lead and build a high-performing technology team
Recruit, hire, grow and retain amazing talent into the organization. You’ll build a technology brand that is a talent magnet and inspire a world-class team of customer-focused engineers who use technology to enable our growing business. You’ll grow the next set of engineering leaders to continue scaling our org. Your team members achieve more, grow more, and work alongside the most talented teammates.
Be responsible for our technology:
Build a reliable, scalable and highly performant technology stack using industry best practices. You’ll ensure our architecture is flexible and scalable to allow for growth, but are capable of making trade-offs between speed and perfection. You’ll be responsible for consistently delivering meaningful features, applications and technology solutions that solve business problems. You’ll consistently communicate and deliver to commitments and increase the velocity of our teams by removing roadblocks. You’ll be responsible for driving new business and growth through engineering solutions.
Be a strategic partner:
You’ll partner with other senior leaders across the company to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions. You’ll build a strong long-term technology strategy that aligns with company strategic plan and influences the overall company direction. You’ll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. And you’ll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating and engaging the team in the strategy.This job is for you if:
- You have 10+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations.
- You’ve worked in the consumer or e-commerce space and understand building applications and technology that delight and engage consumers and foster growth
- You have proven experience building, growing, retaining and inspiring a world-class team of client-focused technologists
- You have extensive experience building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, using industry best practices
- You have a track record for delivery in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- You champion and drive a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks that are holding the team back
- You are a strategic partner who can translate business problems to technology solutions.
- You work effectively across the business to influence and create customer value/delight.
- You create a culture of self-organization, responsibility, and accountability within your teams
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data-driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and feel your impact
- An opportunity to get in early, funded, and growing startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.