Avionics Engineer at Boom Technologies, Inc
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
The Avionics Engineer will be technically leading the definition, development, design, verification, and certification activities of the Avionics System for the Overture Supersonic Aircraft Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines avionics system architecture & work scope definition
- Defines avionics system requirements and coordinates supplier activities
- Responsible for developing avionics system through requirements development, design, and verification activities including qualification and systems level testing
- Provides technical oversight and coordination across multi-disciplinary teams that interface with avionics
- Define and show compliance for responsible systems to 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
- Technical oversight of junior engineers
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 13+ years related industry experience
- Experience working with aircraft Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA)
- Experience coordinating with suppliers
- Writing system certification plans
- Full understanding and experience with RTCA DO-160G, RTCA DO178C, RTCA DO-254, and SAE ARP4754A
- Experience with applicable avionics and electrical system 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
- Up to 25% business travel
The Base Salary Range for this position is $155,000 - $182,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.