Autonomous Vehicle Navigation and Localization Engineer at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
We’re searching for a talented, autonomous vehicle software engineer who has designed, developed, and implemented navigation and localization software for safety-critical ground robotics applications (ideally from concept through volume commercial production).
The Autonomous Vehicle Navigation and Localization Engineer will report to the Vice President of Software Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and architect the navigation/localization system for ground vehicles: elicit requirements, conduct trade studies and make-versus-buy decisions, and work with subcomponent vendors and vehicle OEMs to understand capabilities of off-the-shelf components and how to utilize them in the Azevtec system
- Own implementation and qualification of the navigation/localization subsystem through the complete development lifecycle: requirements, design, code development, unit testing, and release/support
- Understand the current state of the art and identify opportunities for increasing performance and reducing hardware costs
- Proficiency with C and C++
- Masters or PhD (or Bachelors degree with commensurate experience in a related field)
- Prior experience developing navigation/localization solutions using IMU, vehicle odometry, and GPS sensing
- Background developing a production system or an advanced research prototype
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Familiarity with, or experience implementing SLAM in ground vehicles
- Comfort using point clouds and LIDAR data
- Expertise in GPS signal processing