Associate Packaging Engineer
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
An Associate Packaging Engineer at PopSockets will design and develop packaging structures for new products, while always looking for opportunities to improve existing lines in cost, quality, and unboxing experience. The individual will coordinate with the Design & Development and Marketing to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Design new packaging systems and components to meet defined needs for brand aesthetics, manufacturing capability, quality, and cost, referencing the provided packaging brief through design, engineering, and commercialization
- Collaborate with the Packaging Graphic Designers to create one coherent packaging solution
- Create dielines for 2D elements and CAD for molded or formed 3D elements
- Produce prototypes for internal reviews and sales meetings
- Support clear communication with overseas team members and manufacturing facilities
- Complete long term packaging improvement projects, including sustaining work on existing packaging
- Create and implement documentation to ensure correct assembly and safe shipment of product in packaging
- Coordinate with vendors for samples
- Provide on-press support when needed
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with structural designs, ideally high-volume and in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) and Adobe CS
- Proficiency with packaging design software (ArtiosCAD preferred)
- Proficiency with palletization software (CAPE preferred)
- Familiarity with packaging materials and test requirements
- Embraces a hands-on approach in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Deep understanding of a standard packaging development life cycle for materials and structures
- Passion for sustainability, post-consumer and post-industrial recycled materials, and recyclable packaging
Salary range for the role is 60-75k base, based on experience and qualifications.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.