Associate Java Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor’s engineering team is responsible for developing and shipping product experiences that create value for our users and deliver on HomeAdvisor’s mission and business objectives to help homeowners find, hire, and seamlessly manage their home projects. We work to build and iterate on a suite of products that are fundamentally changing the way the world buys home services by making it as easy to buy a service online as it is to buy a product.
What you'll do:
HomeAdvisor wants an Associate Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. To be successful in this role you will have an interest in test automation, as well as experience in, or motivation to learn, full-stack development. This opportunity provides a lot of area for growth and so we're looking for someone who isn't afraid to learn from their mistakes and ask questions!
- Contribute as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Good understanding of OO programming
- Implement and maintain java applications
- Analyze product requirements and translate into Java code
- Debug and resolve technical issues
- A TDD driven mindset
- Work cross functionally to build applications
- 1+ years of strong Java language fundamentals particularly Java 8 and newer
- 1+ years of Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON
- 1 year of Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- 1 year of experience with RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- 1+ years of experience and strong belief in using unit testing as part of development and using framework such as Junit, Spock
- Experience with version control system tools such as GIT and build management tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of SOA and OOP concepts
- Understanding of CI/CD processes
- Understanding of problems and able to provide innovative solutions
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!