Android Software Engineer at TrackVia
TrackVia offers the most-trusted app building platform for anyone looking for a better way to work. TrackVia gives businesspeople and IT experts the ability to easily build and integrate apps to track, manage, and automate processes in days, not weeks. Our customers make lasting and substantial improvements to their business using TrackVia’s bullet-proof cloud-based technology — and they love getting the industry’s best customer experience every step of the way.
We are looking for someone who is extremely passionate about creating awesome Android applications in an ever-changing environment.
You have spent your time in Android Studio. You have a keen eye for user experience and identifying opportunities to simplify a mobile workflow down to the last pixel and asynchronous callback. You are eager to work in a collaborative environment with product, platform, design and QA teams in addition to the rest of your mobile team to create exciting new features for high-profile enterprise customers. You understand the importance of architecting structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product.
As an Android Engineer, you will work with an empowered cross-functional team, using your experience and extensive knowledge of building mobile apps to make the TrackVia experience seamless and intuitive for our customers.
TrackVia on Android is used by hundreds of enterprise companies every day to streamline their work and enable a remote workforce in the field. We need engineers who understand the complexities of syncing data, storing data offline, and who want to make the experience of using TrackVia as simple as possible. Come do the best work of your life here, at TrackVia.Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain, design, and implement new user-facing features in TrackVia’s native Android applications
- Develop, test, and publish the frameworks supporting core mobile functionality, offline storage, and integration with the TrackVia Platform API
- Collaborate with product managers and other TrackVia engineers to create robust, scalable, testable features with a rich user experience
- Create unit, integration, and automated tests and processes in a continuous integration and deployment environment
- 2+ years of professional Android experience
- Thorough understanding and experience with mobile architecture patterns like MVVM
- Deep understanding of object oriented design principles and best practices
- An excellent understanding of best practices for concurrency and threading
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking.
- Experience working with product teams, designers, quality assurance, and other developers to create a seamless mobile experience
- Excellent written communications: clarity, brevity, grammar
- Excellent verbal communications: articulation, patience, listening skills
- Professionalism: prompt, attentive to detail, organized, accountable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred, but not required
- Nice to haves include: Experience with the Kotlin language, ReactiveX frameworks (RxJava or RxSwift/RxCocoa), Realm or Room database frameworks, and relational databases (joins, sub-selects, query performance)
- The compensation for this position is $85,000 - $125,000, depending on experience
- We cover 100% medical, dental, and vision benefits
- We understand you have a life outside of work and have an unlimited, flexible time-off policy
- We provide competitive paid parental leave for all new parents after 6 months
- We made Built in Colorado’s Best Small Companies to Work For list, Denver Business Journal’s Largest Denver-area Tech Employers list, and received an Honorable Mention for Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work
- You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and have a high degree of responsibility and impact
- Your daily tasks will change often and give you many opportunities to grow your professional and technical skillset and advance your career
Applicants with disabilities may contact Human Resources via telephone or e-mail and arrange for accommodations with the application process. Please contact us at [email protected] or (720) 625-3420.