Android Engineer - MLB At Bat at Major League Baseball
MLB is looking for Android Engineers to join our MLB At Bat team in Boulder! We are looking for developers that are passionate about working on some of the most popular sports applications available on a mobile device. Since its inception in 2001, the tech arm of Major League Baseball has been renowned for creating mobile experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
MLB At Bat is the #1 source for live baseball on your mobile devices, and it is the official app of Major League Baseball. At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series. As an Android Engineer on the AtBat team your primary responsibilities will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment and mentor junior developers:
- Use the latest Android Software Development Patterns including JetPack, Room, Java, Espresso and Kotlin
- Have a voice in a strong team of opinionated and supportive engineers
- Introduce technologies you feel passionate about.
- Work directly with our partners, who are world leaders in cloud and mobile software
- Tinker with cutting edge cloud technologies to support the product
- Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Help shape the way fans interact with baseball with machine learning, augmented reality, virtual reality, voice control, and more!
- Receive amazing benefits - you get 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- An expert using Android supported JVM languages (Java, Kotlin) and the Android SDK.
- Passionate about testing all aspects of the application.
- An avid learner, independent with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about mentoring peer developers, providing code reviews, etc.
- A baseball fan.