Aircraft Systems Specialist at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, November 18, 2020
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking an Aircraft Systems Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for developing the systems architecture for Overture as well as the Systems Engineering process at Boom Supersonic. Additionally, you will be a part of a world class team of engineers.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Certification Manager, Chief Engineer, and Program Leadership to architect a world class approach to systems engineering
- Lead the trade studies of aircraft systems to find the right solution for Overture
- Design (CATIA) high level (low fidelity) system layouts to support the system trade studies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required
- 10+ years experience on at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification
- Fundamental understanding of every key technical discipline (configuration, aero, systems, propulsion, structures, software/avionics, flight test, manufacturing)
- Part 23 or 25 certification experience (part 25 preferred)
- Familiarity with: Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems per ARP 4754, Aircraft Safety Assessment Process per ARP 4761Software Development Life Cycle per DO-178 and Environmental qualification per DO-160
- 5+ Years experience with Product Life Cycle software system management (DOORS, TeamCenter, Jama, 3DS, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving leadership skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems
- Persuasive—must be able to win support of internal and external parties alike
- Strong communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally
- High bar; builds and retains world-class teams
It would be great if you had:
- Masters/PHD in related field of engineering
- Member of aerospace industry advisory and / or rule-making boards
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description