3D Lead Engineer at Havenly
Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast growing consumer services startup located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone.
We are looking for a 3D technical lead to help us build out our 3D experiences to delight our customers and make our designers more efficient.
Using cutting-edge 3D technology, you’ll roll up your sleeves and guide your team to bring AR/VR experiences to thousands of Havenly customers and designers every day. From LiDAR to ray tracing, game engines to 3D art pipelines, you’ll have your hands across a growing suite of products, making magic at every turn. Take a look at our portfolio and see if you can tell the difference between a render and a photograph. Just one example of how you’ll bring the wow.
As if the technology itself isn’t challenging enough, you’ll also have to do it at scale. Processing millions of CPU/GPU cycles and terabytes of data will be your remit, while making it all look easy. Sound like the right kind of challenge? Let’s talk!We’re excited about you because:
- You are a pragmatic thinker who likes to find ways to deliver results incrementally, and own solutions all the way through to a high-volume production environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills working with non-technical partner teams, small teams, ideally in a startup or consulting environment
- You want to own the delivery of a delightful 3D experience for our designers and room visualizations for our customers
- You’re no stranger to writing, running, and maintaining your own automated tests, both for 3D pipeline code and for front-end 3D visualization software
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced startup environment and don’t mind rolling with, and juggling, a list of priorities
- You know the value of small and mighty agile teams, and have years of experience working as part of them
- You are driven to succeed by your love of learning and dogged desire to win as a team.
- Bonus: Experience at a fast-moving B2C startup
- As part of an agile team, work with product managers and business owners to rapidly deliver new features and products that propel our business.
- Help us maintain, improve, and evolve a technology stack that powers the #1 online interior design company.
- Design, develop, deploy, monitor, and maintain your software in a high-traffic production environment.
- Work with other engineers to review their code (and yours), and ensure that we’re designing and developing for the present with an eye towards the future.
- Learn frameworks and languages that may be new to you, with an attitude that you can teach yourself anything, and that “it’s just code”.
- Participate on an agile (scrum) team; and deliver and support production software weekly.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of industry experience as a full stack engineer or 3D developer
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience developing computer games, computer vision, visual effects software, or other graphics applications
- Decent understanding of computer graphics and applied linear algebra
- Ability to develop a 3D game engine
- Good intuition for software architecture and system design. We want a maintainable code base that we can all enjoy working with
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Conversant with containerized, cloud environments (Docker, AWS)
- WebGL, Unity, 3DS Max, VRay
- Python, C++, C#
- AWS Cloud Computing, Docker, Git/Gitlab, Command Line/Shell scripting
- NodeJS, GraphQL (Apollo), MySQL
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO (remote candidates considered)
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, and Fertility benefits. In addition we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is a Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal opportunity to thrive.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.