Director of Investor Relations
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams - People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more - provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Finance & Strategy is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the company's operating models, analyze deals and capital allocation decisions, and think a lot about strategy.
Our team's core value is trust - we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with elegant models that are both accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems. At Block we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll trust you to collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to the executive team.
The primary responsibility of the Investor Relations Director is to support the company's efforts in executing the investor relations program. Our team is focused on increasing shareholder value through effective communication of Block's strategy, financial results and operations to the financial community including shareholders and research analysts. Additionally, we also drive better understanding of Block's positioning and emerging trends for our management team by analyzing financial research/information about Block, its peers and the industry.
Role responsibilities include the following:
- Managing relationships with research analysts and investors to communicate company strategy position the business for long term growth.
- Work on drafting and defining company narrative for earnings and external disclosures.
- Particular internal focus on understanding the strategy and products of the Square ecosystem.
- Provide insights to executive team regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, competitive intelligence.
Be prepared to be tested on your finance, analytical/math, and modeling skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant field.
- Form equity research positions and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis
- Collaborate with Finance, Communication and Legal teams in crafting the company's messaging for the financial community including earnings calls, investor presentations at conferences, non-deal roadshows, and other events
- Support the Quarterly earnings results process and prepare content in partnership with the executive team.
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform our team and executives on emerging trends
- Build models and leverage data analysis to understand complex relationships, identify key trends, and gain insight on our revenue/expense line items, drivers and scalability
- Conduct competitive and strategic analysis on Block, its peers, and the industry as well as buy/sell-side trends to help keep management aware of the markets and investor views on Block
- 5 - 8+ years of relevant experience with financial modeling and business analysis
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts for the investment community and apply them in business analysis situations.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and business models. Must demonstrate the desire and capacity to learn about our industry, products, competitors and other key audiences
- Proficiency in Excel. While not required, experience with financial research tools such as FactSet and/or Capital IQ is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills. History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects
- Excellent writing skills for crafting shareholder communications, presentations, scripts/responses.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in financial environments. Experience communicating the growth and metrics of technology and payments companies a plus
- Consistent track record of success and progression.
- A strong passion for Block's mission
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.