Web Designer at NEWMEDIA
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:34 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, July 5, 2018
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create successful user experiences and insightful visual design. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, user-friendly design, possess strong user interface design skills and should be able to take high-level requirements and turn them into user interactions, user flows, and beautiful, intuitive and functional designs.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts good housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—1FEE and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE. For us, our team members are our greatest ROI.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. With a growing team of 40 fantastic people, we're projected to hit 100 by summertime, and 300 team members within a year of that milestone. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Associate's degree or BA preferred.
- 3+ years of web design experience in an agency setting.
- Strong proficiency in design tools Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch or other visual design tools.
- Must be able to interact and take the lead in the design portion of projects, by taking client feedback and direction.
- Solid experience creating wireframes.
- Demonstrate design skills with a strong portfolio of work.
- Good creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.
Read Full Job Description