UX/UI Designer at Homebot
Do you want to work for a design-driven company where you can help millions of homeowners build wealth with their home? And be a part of a team where you have ownership to drive design decisions and see the immediate impact of your work?
Homebot is a Denver-based, fast-growing startup revolutionizing how homeowners build personal wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home. We sell our SaaS platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep their clients engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
We are scaling rapidly and need a passionate UX Designer to dig in, learn what our customers’ and consumers’ needs are, and own the design process from personas to designs and dev handoff! Homebot is looking for a highly collaborative UX/UI Designer that has a passion for taking complex problems and distilling them down into a beautiful, simple experience for the user.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to find balanced design solutions that meet business objectives and fit within an ambitious road map
- Define interaction models and user flows for different personas
- Produce design deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, and customer journey maps
- Work with product and engineering teams to break down projects into a work plan - define scope, phases, and groom stories as a team
- Love to collaborate but be autonomous too! You’ll be involved and invested in all stages of a new feature: ideation, design, development, QA, and go-to-market strategy
- Engage in usability testing, communicate findings, and incorporate key takeaways into designs
- Leverage modern web technologies and patterns to create an enticing and innovative consumer experience
- Make understanding end user goals and needs a constant priority
- Expand and maintain our design system: define our use of color, components, interaction patterns, animations, and state changes within multiple applications
- Create tools including interview guides, focus group materials, and prototypes to gather feedback throughout the design process
- Communicate clearly to define, discuss, and present your work to internal stakeholders, and feel comfortable receiving and weighing in feedback
- Escalate product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of "product ownership" to see all issues through to successful resolution
- Have a healthy understanding of the software development process and the role an agile designer plays. Be confident pairing with engineers and making decisions together in real-time
- 5+ years of experience in designing consumer-facing and/or enterprise SaaS applications
- Ability to demonstrate seamless and consistent product-centric user experiences
- Fluent in modern tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle, Jira, etc.
- Solid visual design and compositional abilities using typography, layout, and color, with an eye for detail
- Strong intuitions for effective and enjoyable experiences that drive continuous engagement
- Experience being a part of a product / engineering team that delivers weekly, iterates often and quickly, and measures success with clearly-defined KPIs
- Experience with front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Data visualization or fintech projects in portfolio
- Knowledge of real estate or lending industries
- Experience designing for Android or iOS apps
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio if possible.
What we’re interested in: your design process, techniques and methodologies; not just polished or final visuals. We love to see sketches, workflows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, task analysis, brainstorms and other artifacts of how you tackled the design challenge from start to finish.
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members who work here are not only passionate about the product but passionate about how they interact with their teammates. We push ourselves every day to be better and challenge each other to continuously grow. We are respectful and professional when we need to be, and goofy and fun when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K (Guideline)
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Brand new office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid for by the company
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Encouraged professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 50 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth in 2020. We moved into some pretty sweet new digs in July 2019, and would love to have you come join us for some good times!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai