UX Research Manager
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sling is looking for a Senior Researcher to work with the User Experience & Product Design team. Reporting to the head of user experience, you will be expected to propose, plan, coordinate, run, and analyze user-centered research projects. The organization is undergoing a transformation that puts qualitative insights at the forefront of our process, which requires someone curious about our users. We’re also building out a dedicated usability lab that will fall under the Senior Researcher’s purview to support.
- A chance to run the UX research gamut for an innovative product
- Research in a space where there are no “best practices” because everything is unknown
- Help solve challenging problems around user centered design in a content driven industry
- Building out a new usability lab from the beginning
- Constantly testing with users with direct access to product and engineering teams for feedback
- Recruit for and facilitate in-person research studies on-site at Sling offices, online with remote participants, and traveling as necessary
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Candidate has completed several large-scale UX research projects with artifacts of that work they can share
- Can select and write methodologies for a wide range UX project types, as well as estimating timelines and budgets
- Is able to propose and strategize long-term research goals to drive high level strategic thinking at Sling
- Bachelor or equivalent work experience; 10 years of practical UX research experience; or combination of education and relative work experience
- Experience running UX research within a Fortune 500
- Experience running UX research within an agile product company
- Knowledge of the entertainment or television industries a plus