Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $74,614 - $117,132.. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end-of-year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let's talk about our team's accolades in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2022 and 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 - 2021) and Built In's Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 - 2022). Our team is award-winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for a phenomenal quality of life? Colorado Springs was named the#2 Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report 2022, #2 Top 10 Cities Where Tech Strength Defies the Pandemic by LinkedIn, and one of the Top 10 Best-Performing Cities 2022 by the Milken Institute.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Lifestyle Amenities - coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature - more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather - Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laidback atmosphere - an accessible alternative to the fast-paced Denver lifestyle
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a User Interface Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. A Bluestaq UI Software Engineer analyzes user needs and develops front-end application solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, UX design, engineering, and mathematical analysis. As a Bluestaq UI Software Engineer, you'll develop and maintain web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces. Bluestaq UI Software Engineers update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- Meets with the development team to discuss application features and design ideas.
- Researches similar application designs and user interface modules.
- Creates website and application design mockups with enhanced U.I. features.
- Presents updated front-end designs for final sign-off.
- Writes the front-end code and builds the user interface.
- Debugs code errors and troubleshoots software issues.
- Conducts live application tests and tweaks.
- Updates web applications in line with user trends.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ years of software development or programming experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or other related field OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of the engineering elements like functionality, replicability, and costs in relation to the design and how they are applied in the completion of engineering projects.
- Experience with the techniques and principles of software development, such as analysis, algorithms, coding, testing, and compiling of programming paradigms (e.g., object-oriented programming, functional programming) and programming languages.
- Familiarity with techniques and principles of software development, such as analysis, algorithms, coding, testing, and compiling of programming paradigms in Java and Python.
- Familiarity with using software tools (Atlassian JIRA) to support the development lifecycle, design, and implementation of software and applications of high quality that can be easily maintained.
- Familiarity with repairing computer code by analyzing testing results, locating the defects causing the software to output an incorrect or unexpected result, and removing these faults.
- Experience with Git, Angular (latest), and interacting with RESTful Webservices.
- Experience with user interface models, application design, and website functionality.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities within a team-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing professional and technical expertise.
- Able to resolve routine issues and problems.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, including articulating roadblocks.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development and has a growth mindset.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or other related field OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, U.S. Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at [email protected], if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected].