Sr. UX Designer
Havenly is interior design for real people. We're a funded tech startup in Denver, and we believe everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. We’re looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our team to drive UX strategy and interaction design to create products that delight and engage users. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human-computer interaction and is fluent in the latest technology trends. They are design leaders, innovative problem solvers, self-starters and strong collaborators who do their best work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design beautiful and functional experiences that surprise and delight across both the web and mobile product suite.
- Work cross-functionally across design, product, engineering, growth, and executives to design new features and evolve our overall product experiences.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new features or experiences.
- Brainstorm and ideate around new concepts and features.
- Conduct user tests and research to validate hypotheses and iterate quickly.
- Demonstrate high-quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture and visual execution.
- Mentor designers on the team; lead small teams of designers when needed.
- Exhibit empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation in every interaction.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ year of experience within a UI or UX capacity working on mobile and desktop applications
- 2+ years experience growing and leading multi-disciplinary design teams
- Passion for creating simple products that people use every day
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual and interaction design
- Collaborative mindset and interest in working with product and engineering teams to ship products
- Excellent communication skills and high-level attention to detail
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools
- Background working on consumer-facing products
What would set you apart:
- Passion for Havenly’s brand and products.
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment.
- Experience prototyping with Invision or Zeplin.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams.
- Experience with agile development process, usability research, and testing.
- Experience working in a high-growth consumer technology company.
- The desire to work really hard and build something.