Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally Software, is creating a cutting edge, scalable, and service oriented SaaS product using a broad range of technologies. Our product helps you speed up value delivery, align development with your portfolio's highest priorities, and make responsiveness the backbone of your business through agile methodologies. We are growing rapidly and globally, so the problems we tackle are big and getting bigger. We practice continuous deployment, dedicate time to hackathons to support innovations, and encourage our teams to blog and participate in local technology meetups. We take walks, have fresh kegs of local brews, play foosball, host potlucks and work on jigsaw puzzles to give our brains a break.
We are actively seeking a strategic Senior User Experience Designer to guide the experience of our flagship product. This individual will use lean and user-centered design methods to lead product experience initiatives from concept to launch. S/he will diligently solve user problems and meet business objectives. The Senior User Experience Designer will use data and user feedback to continuously improve the experience. This is an excellent opportunity to work with different expertise across the R&D organization.
Key Responsibilities - What You’ll be Doing:
- Partner with product management, and engineering teams in the design, execution, and delivery of world class product experience.
- Turn complex problems into clean and delightful experiences and interactions.
- Utilize data, user feedback, UX best practices, and market knowledge to develop product strategies that ensure CA Agile Central remains an innovative leaders in the SaaS Agile Management space.
- Produce measurement plans, timelines, user personas, storyboards, user flows, conceptual designs, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Work with the research team to communicate findings, conceptual ideas, and designs for the product experience, as well as, the broader digital strategy.
- Lead requirements gathering and co-design workshops, in addition to design reviews and critiques.
- Advocate for our customers/users within the organization.
- Build strong relationships across the organization
- Develop and mentor other UX researchers and designers
What You Bring to the Table
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodology and activities
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills
- The ability to articulate complex concepts to stakeholders at all levels and gain consensus.
- The ability to collaborate at all levels through workshops, written and verbal communications.
- A strong business sense; able to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions
- Solid experience leading user experience programs delivered on-time and under budget
- Mastery of designing complex user interfaces - by way of user personas, information architecture, user flows, task flows, wireframes, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Ability to act independently with guidance from the UX Manager, and be able to switch rapidly between different projects.
- Experience training and mentoring others in UX design methodologies and best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, preferable.
- 7+ years experience.
- Must be able to provide work samples showcasing UX prowess, creativity, and depth of thought, coupled with fluency in best practices for concept design, strategy development and user testing
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.