Senior User Experience Designer
At Healthgrades, we are focused on providing trusted information that allows consumers to receive more transparency and confidence around their healthcare. As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will be a key contributor for the Healthgrades.com website, which generates close to a million visits a day.
In this role, you will join a team of talented and creative Designers and partner closely with development teams to ensure extraordinary experiences for our consumers. You will assist with the design, iteration and delivery of features that facilitates effective user experiences for the company's digital products and services. You will also assist in the strategic process of developing cohesive creative concepts that are both beautiful and user friendly. This a great opportunity for someone to develop their career while having their work seen by millions of people each year.
What you will do:
- Participates in project ideation with other designers and product owners
- Develops cohesive creative concepts and design strategies for digital products and services
- Creates and presents wireframes, mockups, process flows, information architecture, site maps, and prototypes for digital products and services
- Partners with Creative staff and other stakeholders to produce design artifacts including user requirement specifications, personas, storyboards, high-fidelity comps, and design prototypes and specifications
- Ensures all concepts and features are aligned to the business’ creative brief and customer feedback
- Ensures all design features comply with team and company standards
- Prioritizes and schedules projects in anticipation of delivery dates
- Participates in project meetings by providing project updates and documenting all changes, edits, and approvals
- Notifies all stakeholders of project status and sends alerts when a project is at risk
- Informs stakeholders when design features are ready for production
- Leads all usability testing and user walk-through sessions to test designs and gather user feedback
- Reviews and tests websites and applications to ensure compliance with wireframes and company standards
- Writes user-friendly copy for on-screen instructions, headings, button labels, link text, and other content elements
- Serves as customer advocate by incorporating customer feedback into design features
- Conduct peer review sessions and provide guidance and mentorship for team members
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in user experience, user interface, and visual design including usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews
- Strong understanding of user interface design processes and methodology
- Solid understanding of color, typography, imagery, and overall composition
- Ability to set priorities and manage time to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to translate ideas into concepts and designs and implement designs across multiple applications and mobile platforms
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Portfolio or work examples
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions of Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!