Senior UI/UX Designer at Maxwell
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell is on a mission to revolutionize the $8.5T residential mortgage industry by reimagining how homebuyers, real estate agents, and loan officers work together to buy a home. Our digital mortgage solution was created on the principle that mortgage companies will win by betting on the augmentation of human relationship, not by replacing it with faceless technology. Our software intelligently automates the mortgage origination workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the place to call home.
Founded in 2015 and based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is backed by leading venture capital firms and Techstars. Every day, Maxwell is used by hundreds of lenders across the U.S. to serve thousands of homebuyers. We work as a team and do whatever it takes to make each other and our customers successful. We also are proud to partner with New Story and dedicate a portion of our revenues to build homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador. Come join us as we build a new way to purchase a home!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You are a designer passionate about user-centered design and usability, an innovative and creative problem solver, and a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-moving, high-growth company. You pay equal attention to the detail of the pixels to create a visual experience and the philosophy and execution of interaction design. As Maxwell’s Senior UX/UI Designer, you'll take ownership of a product that helps manage transactions worth billions of dollars each month -- involved in the entire product development process, from early research and visioning to tweaking pixels up to launch. As the senior designer, you eventually will identify and attract more design talent to Maxwell as we build the company.
YOUR DAY MIGHT INVOLVE
- Partnering with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch.
- Designing simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our users.
- Developing deep empathy for our customers and using research to inform design solutions.
- Providing and seeking feedback from others to always push the bar for quality.
- Rapidly prototyping and iterate on new features or improvements to existing experiences.
- Creating design solutions considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints and usability findings.
- Deeply understanding our user journey, personas and behaviors, pushing Maxwell to improve and refine our product.
HOW YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE QUALIFIED
- 7+ years of experience in the full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design.
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization, and have enough chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers.
- Experience designing and shipping web and mobile products that customers love, being able to distill complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions.
- Passion for data-driven decisions.
- Ability to design for any platform (iOS, Android, mobile web, etc.).
- Mastery of design tools: Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, and mastery of prototyping tools (e.g. Framer, Pixate, Origami, HTML/CSS/JS, After Effects, Swift).
- Web portfolio with examples of visual and interaction design.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You’ll play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture.
- Meaningful equity as an early employee at Maxwell. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind.
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses. For those with HDHP+HSA accounts, Maxwell makes a $500 annual contribution to your HSA.
- Parking and public transport allowance to get you to the office in your own way whether you want to park or take the RTD ($100/month).
- 3 weeks of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice.
- Up to 3 days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice.
- An “Even Merrier Christmas” when we shut down the office between Christmas and New Year so you can enjoy your family and friends.
- A powder ski day for that one day when you’ve just got to hit the slopes with no lift lines.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged.
Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.