OrthoFi builds software that helps Orthodontics offices across the country simplify and off-load complex in-office processes. It is the first software company that allows patients to finance their ortho treatment through flexible financing solutions and orthodontics insurance checks. OrthoFi provides not only software solutions to external clients and their patients, but also develops and delivers unique software and service design for internal team members. We are constantly iterating on our legacy system to make it more user-centric, but are also frequently building new, innovative solutions from the ground up. OrthoFi strongly believes in learning directly from our users; the product and design team are supported in and expected to do the necessary research to define real user pain points and solutions.
Orthodontics as a topic may not seem initially exciting from an outside perspective, but if you are looking for an interesting challenge in the healthcare industry, you will not be disappointed. If you are driven to constantly learn and ask questions to better understand a very complex problem space, this is the perfect opportunity.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Designer willing and excited to own the complete end-to-end process of user-centered design from research, to UX, to UI. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, self-direction, and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to lead leadership-supported user research to understand our customer’s needs, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product meets user, as well as business, goals.
The ideal candidate would be able to excel in providing both highly analytical & creative ideas, as well as translating those ideas into concrete design and product deliverables. You will be working directly with developers, product managers, and company stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions in an agile environment. While we do frequently release and move quickly as a team, we also aim to consider and iterate on those releases based on real user feedback. Our design team is currently small, but this means you have the ability to lead part of its creation and ideation in the near and present future.
You must have:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact human-centered-design thinking projects
- Experience, participation in, and passion for user research (including user interviews, usability testing, etc.)
- Extensive ability to work in, and adapt to, contemporary visual design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Abstract, Zeplin, Adobe, etc.)
- An active willingness to own mistakes and learn from them
- A leadership mindset, including the desire and ability to support and teach junior-to- mid-level designers
- Consistent dedication to lifelong learning in the UX space and beyond
- A sense of humor
Even Better if…
- You proactively formulate ideas and initiatives and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You question and partner with your leadership team to bring conversations and products forward
- You effectively present work clearly and in a manner appropriate to the audience
- You can guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design research, explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose research initiatives to fill in the gaps
- You can take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
- You take a direct interest in growing the design team in planning, execution, and vision
- Great Work-life Balance
- Open and autonomous culture where your ideas are heard
- Flexible Time Off (Unlimited PTO)
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open and honest leadership
- Company, product/tech team, and scrum team outings and happy hours
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress code
- Brand new office
- WFH and remote capabilities