Senior Product Designer at Recurly
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Subscription businesses around the world rely on Recurly every day to secure critical billing information, invoice and communicate with their customers, and evaluate their reporting data. It’s crucial that our brand and product experience communicate confidence and credibility at every step.
As a Senior Product Designer at Recurly you’ll be part of a small but impactful team as you help us evolve the next generation of the product. In your role you’ll empathize with our customers’ needs, create scalable design systems, and deliver beautiful and intuitive interfaces. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges large and small, from the microinteractions of customer onboarding to complex and thorny design problems (like making it easy for our customers in Chicago to apply the correct “amusement tax”).
But you won’t do it alone. You’ll work as a partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers putting Design Thinking to work to bring it all to life.
If you don’t match the job 100% we would still like to hear from you!
- Collaborate with teammates, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders to identify requirements and provide thoughtful, creative solutions
- Participate in and lead collaborative design activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment
- Conduct generative and evaluative research to understand user needs and behaviors
- Translate findings into usable, effective, and accessible user experiences
- Communicate ideas verbally and visually through concept designs, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Utilize Recurly’s design system and contribute to its improvement
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through development
- Advocate for the value of human-centered design
- 5 years of hands-on experience designing for digital products
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- A strong portfolio with multiple projects that demonstrate your skills creating usable digital experiences
- Ability to use UI design and prototyping tools with confidence. We primarily work in (and love) Figma, but we’re always interested in discovering new capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and analytical skills
You’ll Fit Right in if You...
- Have a positive attitude and understand that any design problem can be interesting if you make it
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- Are comfortable thinking and talking about business strategy and systems at scale—not one-off solutions
- Believe in craft and strong design fundamentals, including typography, color, and composition
- Aren’t afraid to fail and love to iterate quickly
- Pride yourself on empowering and supporting the success of your peers
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess
- Love getting input from users and dread making decisions without it
Design at Recurly
Delivering great user experiences is one of the core values upon which Recurly has been built. Whether it’s designing a marketing web page or crafting the very user interface our customers rely on to run their businesses, the Design Team is involved at every step. We’re responsible for creating the brand promise customers have in their first interaction with Recurly and ensuring that we deliver on that promise in the product itself.
Product Design is part of the small but growing Design team, led by the Head of Design, who oversees Product Design and Brand Design. This role reports to the Director of Product Design.
Our Recurly Team Dribbble Page will give you a sense of the overall aesthetic as well as our Company Website.
Recurly App Screen Examples
Product UI Kit
Activities Design Workshop
Web Content Examples
Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, Asana, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries.
Offices located in San Francisco, California, Boulder, Colorado, and New Orleans, Louisiana
Read Full Job Description