Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer, you will design successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster.Design Team
We’re a multi-disciplinary team that drives a consistent voice and experience through our entire customer and partner network. We consist of product designers, visual designers and user researchers who work hand in hand with marketing, product management and engineering to create CircleCI’s industry leading product. Fundamentally, we prioritize work that is high impact, measurable, and achievable. You will be an integral part of CircleCI’s success as you accelerate your career with a fast-paced team that is passionate and committed.Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams leading strategic design efforts
- Plan and conduct user research studies to understand and validate product concepts throughout the design process to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Distill complex tasks and workflows into intuitive, simple experiences
- Develop high-fidelity interactive mockups and assets for your projects
- Help guide, improve, and implement our design process
- Work with engineering on UI frameworks and pattern libraries
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- 5+ years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tool work a huge plus.)
- A system thinker who has the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally
- Ability to think through complex user problems, propose solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- You look for opportunities to solve problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy working with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Experience designing for mobile and web
- Experience doing user research and running usability tests
- A portfolio of work that shows complex and creative UX solutions, great visual design and a solid grasp of information architecture.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS (advanced knowledge a big plus) with a desire/willingness to code.
- Familiarity designing and building design systems
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.