Senior Designer, Product
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help Athletes train, connect, and reach their full potential. As a Senior Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and own an area of the Strava product design experience.
You will join our Strava Business product team in Denver. It’s an important line of business for Strava and represents real future growth potential. Strava Business operates at the intersection of Athletes, Brands, and Strava. The team is currently working on creating completely new brand product experiences, and advancing existing ones.
What you will do
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of athletes around the world.
- Design flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant.
- Validate ideas and interactive prototypes with users
- Produce detailed documentation of interaction models and UI specifications.
- Contribute to user and competitive research
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Partner with PMs, engineers and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing iterations.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
What We’re Looking For
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with descriptions of your process, role, and contribution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Experience conducting user research and validating prototypes
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc).
- Knack for beautiful motion design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience in visual design of digital products that have been released to market.
Strava is composed of dedicated individuals unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an incredible team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.