About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based aircraft manufacturer that’s redefining the future of travel by bringing sustainable supersonic flight to the skies. Boom's historic commercial airliner, Overture, is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Overture will be net-zero carbon, capable of flying on 100% sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) at twice the speed of today's fastest passenger jets.
Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together and make the world dramatically more accessible. The company is backed by world-class investors, and Overture's order book, including purchases and options, stands at 70 aircraft. Boom is also working with the United States Air Force for government applications of Overture. XB-1, a demonstrator aircraft, rolled out in 2020, and its net-zero carbon flight test program is underway.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Join our team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
Boom is looking for a Senior Creative Director who is a creative visionary as well as a savvy business person; someone who is customer and passenger focused to drive our mission of making the world dramatically more accessible. This experienced hands-on Senior Creative Director will lead the creation and production of a wide variety of materials that will introduce Boom and Overture to various core stakeholder groups (customers, investors, suppliers, business partners, employees and passengers). With excellent written and oral communication skills, this person is a strategic creative willing and capable of driving the strategy from concept to execution with a focus on the user experience. This person has experience across mediums from digital to physical and product to virtual. We are looking for someone who has built a brand from the ground up and managed its creative lifecycle through various stages of maturity. This person will be a critical leader in bringing a team-wide and company-wide point-of-view to their direct reports, and communicating how their work fits into the larger company mission.
The Boom Senior Creative Director will lead a small but talented team of creative professionals as part of our collaborative marketing organization. This person should be a team builder who supports our culture of working hard together and going out of our way to support each other – we want everyone to be successful, individually and as a team. The Senior Creative Director will interact with nearly all departments in the organization, including IT, operations, engineering, legal and the C-suite. This position will also work closely with Boom partners including suppliers, airlines, and environmental organizations, to name a few.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Boom Senior Creative Director will translate the marketing objectives into clear creative strategies/concepts for various creative projects and work closely with the team through the execution.Responsibilities:
- With the VP of Marketing, help establish the Boom Supersonic brand vision and carry it through the company’s visual and audio experiences, online and offline.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to maximize the department’s contributions to the success of Boom Supersonic as a company, including planning, execution, measurement, and delivering results.
- Own the Boom Supersonic digital creative look and feel and functionality across the website, social, VR, video etc. The website is an important hub for all of our core stakeholders, so it must capture the attention of various audiences and continually engage them over time. Using previous experience, the latest trends and a customer focus, the Senior Director, Creative will ensure Boom’s digital platforms are the most engaging destinations for our core audiences.
- Contribute to the development of the Boom Supersonic interior cabin experience from the design to the functionality, working closely with a cross-functional team.
- Plan and oversee all creative projects from concept to completion including partnership campaigns, paid media creative, special event activations, and more.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on all aspects of project management, including setting goals and deadlines, overcoming obstacles, and reporting on results.
- Consistently measure and report on team results, and make improvements for the future.
- Present strategy, budget information, and creative work to Boom and partner executives.
- Provide inspiration, guidance, and mentorship to the design team, as well as other members of the marketing team as needed.
- Manage the creative team, and oversee recruiting and hiring as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, user experience, liberal arts or relevant field; master’s degree a plus
- A minimum of 10 years combined experience, including design and digital product, with at least two years as a creative director or similar position.
- Understands how to balance business needs with creative vision with a focus on results.
- Uses a combination of data, judgement, and taste-level to make decisions. Puts our customers and future passengers at the core of everything we build.
- B2B and/or B2B2C experience with a focus on digital and UX.
- Understand the intersection of product and brand building with the ability to not only think long term but also deliver immediate results.
- Applies high standards across all aspects of the work.
- Thinks systematically with an eye toward scale and efficiency.
- Well-versed in all forms of creative, including physical product, digital, print, video, and experiential.
- Experience working with software developers to create beautiful and intuitive online user experiences that support the brand vision.
- Understanding of structural search engine optimization (SEO) for websites and content, and experience working with growth pros to drive organic traffic.
- Understanding of physical product development and experience working with engineering to develop the interior Overture aircraft.
- Able to provide direct and constructive feedback to team members while maintaining positivity and optimism across the team.
- A team player with a bias for action.
- Resourceful with a can-do attitude toward problem-solving.
- Responsive, collaborative, and hard-working.
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, G-suite etc.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $190,000 - $220,000.00 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.