Product Designer at Nymbl Science
This is Nymbl’s first dedicated in-house design hire and an excellent opportunity to define and implement what design at Nymbl means. This person has an end-to-end mobile product design skill set with self-awareness on where they are strong and where they are still growing. If you are a UX designer with visual design chops, please keep reading.
We are looking for a mid-level, self-directed, and motivated Product Designer to create simple, fluid, and delightful experiences for older adults. You must be able to help set, execute and lead on strategic-level decisions in the areas of UX design and interaction, information architecture, visual design, and analysis. You know how to craft a concrete plan of action and manage that plan to completion while accounting for challenges that may occur along the way. You have a track record of designing high-quality digital products, ideally with some experience executing on a design system for older adults. Our ideal candidate for this role has a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and has a love for older adults. Nymbl is a true start-up.
Please also note that this is a Denver, CO role and that we are not currently considering remote candidates.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to prevent 1 million falls. We are challenging the belief that older is less.
Nymbl is a Colorado-based digital health startup that produces the Nymbl Balance System, a comprehensive software solution to improve balance and prevent falls among seniors. Every 17 seconds someone falls and goes to the ER, costing $50 billion per year. Yet, most of these falls are preventable and we are passionate about helping to fix this problem! We want to enable older adults to live fuller, more engaging lives - for longer.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- Rollouts with multiple major payers
- Recently closed a Series A round of funding
- Validated product/market fit with an initial 30 customers
- Identified target market of 300 additional plans
WHAT YOU BRING
- A user-first and a customer-first attitude, then:
- You'll design, recruit, and conduct customer interviews and usability tests with older adults
- You will wireframe and prototype ideas quickly to demonstrate and validate designs with customers.
- You'll create intuitive low and high-fidelity designs to communicate your ideas.
- You learn new skills and grow through personal development, and help others grow around you.
- You'll be an excellent communicator of your work and your rationale behind proposals.
- You'll work with Product to define immediate team needs and assist in the recruitment and development of future product/design team members
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Own the definition of short and long term UX/UI strategy, and then lead and evangelize that within our organization.
- Foster a culture of design thinking, continuous learning, and constructive design critique.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Account, Marketing, and other stakeholders to drive a UX vision that aligns with business priorities.
- Lead all design projects from concept through delivery.
- Present strategies, plans, and updates to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership on a regular basis.
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative methods to uncover the needs of customers and internal users. Design and conduct user testing, including usability tests, card sorting, concept testing, and prototyping.
- Develop and communicate design recommendations based on research results through visual presentations, journeys, experience maps, concept maps, and wireframes.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business needs and human-centered design principles.
- Maintain and contribute to a robust design system supporting assets and design styles across iOS, Android and Responsive Web.
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs responsible for overall experience design of the solution.
- Regularly leverage your strong visual design skills and experience creating UI style guides and graphic assets.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- End-to-end product design skillset (User Research, UX Design, UI Design, Style Guide Management), with an awareness of your gaps, but a willingness to grow and contribute
- 3+ years’ experience designing and delivering mobile products in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Ability to manage complexity and develop others to problem solve.
- Effective storytelling with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Healthcare experience preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business processes as it relates to experience in the field.
- Knowledge of agile methodology preferred.
- Patience and understanding.
Nymbl offers excellent employee benefits, which include health, dental, disability, and 401k retirement plans as well as generous Paid Time Off.