At Healthgrades, we are focused on providing trusted information that allows consumers to receive more transparency and confidence around their healthcare. As a Product Designer, you will drive the execution of cohesive, creative concepts that tackle problems, are usable and appealing.
In this role, you will join a team of talented and creative designers who partner closely with development teams to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our consumers. You will design, iterate and deliver features that enable successful user experiences within our digital products and services. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career while having their work seen by millions of people each year.
What You Will Do:
- Balance the needs of patients, physicians, and clients
- Work within a cross-functional team leading the design execution for a data driven, physician search product
- Thrive as both a heads-down contributor and a heads-up collaborator
- Partner and communicate with developers to ensure the shipped product matches the design direction
- Design simple, elegant interfaces that are consistent, easy to understand, and intuitive to use
- Seek out feedback from users and collaborators to help improve your work
- Craft prototypes to communicate flows and gather feedback from team members and partners
What You Will Bring:
- Portfolio or work examples
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in visual design, user experience design, user interface design, or interaction design for web and mobile products.
- Strong communication skills, with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams.
- A human-centric approach to crafting products.
- Strong interaction design and visual design skills; with a deep understanding of color, typography, and overall composition.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- A strong belief that user research can improve your concepts.
- Team oriented attitude; you love to see software get shipped, and take pride in realizing concepts as part of a product development team.
- You’re opinionated; you have strong opinions that are loosely held. You are confident collaborating and iterating.
- You can actively manage your workload to meet deadlines. You commit and deliver.
- You seek out the challenge of designing for technical and information-rich environments.
- Skilled in Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision (or other prototyping products).
Bonus Points if you:
- Have a track record for establishing a visual identity for a new product.
- Can create information visualizations that distill complicated metrics into easily digestible graphics.
- Have Healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with JIRA.
- Can prototype using HTML/CSS.
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions of Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, inclusive healthcare options, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!