Product Designer, Team Lead at Alteryx, Inc.
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is looking for a Team Lead, UX Design. This is a remote-friendly position within the United States.
Overview: As team lead for UX Design you are responsible for overseeing a team of Product Designers, which in turn creates the designs for Alteryx’s products and features. As the leader of this team, you will help drive the future of Alteryx design. This role manages a team of UX designers, fosters relationships with other departments, guides communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution, furthers product knowledge, and helps nurture the career growth of the team.
Externally, you elevate the efforts of the team at conferences, meetups, and through social media. Within the team, you will build a collaborative environment to implement processes, help drive User Experience improvements, and work with UX leadership to help develop strategies to improve the effectiveness of the UX team.
This role is considered to be partially an individual contributor role accompanied with team leadership and management responsibilities. You will report to the Manager of UX Design located in Broomfield, CO, who will help provide clear direction on priorities, processes, and principles to instill and drive with your team.
Effective team lead
· Leverages industry expertise to coach, motivate and provide direction for UX associates.
· Provides career guidance and counseling in the form of annual goals coupled with personal & professional development.
· Builds strong partnerships with leaders across the organization to create effective UX strategies that deliver strong business impact and align to the company's overall strategy.
· Ability to prioritize work for the team and individually so that quality expectations are met while maintaining reasonable timelines in an Agile environment
· Collaborating with UX leadership and Team Leads to communicate and drive the vision and strategy for the UX team.
· Oversees and ensures coordinated UX design quality across multiple related products.
· Understands the competitive UX landscape, customers, and non-customers.
· Leverage telemetry and other business data to understand UX/UI performance against product KPIs, presenting key findings and adjustments to push innovation.
· Manages a team of UX Designers, who are responsible for developing user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and visual design mock-ups that translate business needs and user stories into intuitive and engaging experiences.
• Leverages best practices from Design and UX disciplines and encourages teams to engage in and lead Design Thinking practices.
· Collaborates with product managers and developers to estimate scope for multiple projects, then balances team bandwidth to set design timelines that meet the needs of the release schedule.
· Works closely with the development teams to guide the implementation and iteration of designs and verifies that the final deliverables provide a quality user experience
· Fosters the development of UX initiatives across the organization
· Works with Product Managers to share successes and drive the overall effectiveness of processes and work priorities used by the UX department.
· Works with Product Management leadership to help define the Alteryx product roadmap and present it to internal audiences.
· Helps maintain the timeliness of UX deliverables based on agreed-upon timelines.
• Provides feedback and direction on designs as well as creating designs.
· BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
· 4-6 years of experience in a UX/UI role, solid design expertise.
· Previous experience managing teams.
· History of personnel management and track record of career development.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Project management skills; problem-solving skills and strategic thinking.
· A strong sense of teamwork and an ability to influence at all levels.
· Expert level understanding of tools such as Sketch, InVision, or other similar design and prototyping tools.
· Knowledge of the Lean process, iterative design and industry-standard methodologies when designing software and applications for desktop or web.
• Understanding of practical UX applications for complex products and multiple product verticals
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, Colorado is $88,400 - $150,300. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.