Powerplant Systems Design Specialist at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
- Work hand-in-hand with Powerplant team, Configuration specialist, and Program Leadership to create a world class approach to powerplant systems.
- Carry out trade studies of systems to identify the right solution for Overture.
- Define requirements for system design to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Design (CATIA) high level (low fidelity) system layouts and schematics to support the trade studies.
- Collaborate with other team members and suppliers throughout the design, integration and certification activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required.
- 10+ years of systems experience with ability to perform calculations and analysis for trade studies.
- Experience with 3D CAD design software.
- Fundamental understanding of powerplant systems and associated requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of Part 25 regulatory compliance.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally.
- Experience on at least one aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification.
- Experience in the development of commercial or business jets.
- Ability to perform computational heat transfer analysis (using COMSOL or ANSYS).
- Experience with Nastran or Patran FEM stress analysis.
- Salary Range for this position is $120,000-$190,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential.
- Open PTO.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.