Four Winds Interactive is looking for a Jr Designer to join our Design team, focusing on client services. We believe that beautiful, user-centered design is the key to success for our unique and highly visible suite of product offerings. This is an entry-level, exceptionally collaborative position that will juggle multiple projects and work with numerous stakeholders to conceptualize and design innovative visual communications solutions across a wide range of industries.
In this position you will be working alongside other designers and art directors on the creative team, project managers, developers and others to produce intuitive and engaging experiences that our clients will love. You should above all be hungry to learn and grow, and in turn we will be committed to helping you develop your hard and soft skills through experience and mentorship.
You should feel comfortable managing client relationships and expectations, be an excellent communicator who starts with why, and a tireless champion for user experience. In this role you will have significant impact on the success of FWI and our product success in the market. We are looking for a self-starter and true team player who will take initiative to get things done. FWI is an empowering place for designers to work, where you can push yourself creatively, and be both a mentor and a mentee. In this role you will report into the Associate Creative Director. Some travel is expected up to 10%.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (project managers, developers) to create beautiful, intuitive designs for a diverse range of clients.
- Strong visual design skills that deliver on design and brand communication best practices.
- Collaborate with peers in an ongoing, iterative creative review process.
- Be passionate about applying design thinking to a wide range of industries, to solve a wide range of challenges.
- Manage multiple projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously.
- Craft solutions within the constraints of our proprietary platform.
- Support senior members on our design team.
Requirements for Success:
- BFA, Bachelors’ degree in design, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to solve problems with strong visual solutions.
- 1+ years of experience in Visual Design (digital agency or in-house), with a strong eye for detail.
- Advocate for user-centered design and a strong desire to understand what motivates and challenges our users.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Humility, a strong desire to learn and ability to accept and manage feedback.
- Highly organized & collaborative.
- Ability to grasp client needs and balance practical solutions with innovative thinking.
- Love the work that you do.
Helpful for Success:
- As a cross-functional design team, being willing to help out beyond your role and understand the potential the Design team overall can have at the company level.
- Understanding that mentorship happens at every level and across every role.
The compensation package will be aligned to each candidate’s experience and qualifications. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.