Freelance Digital Graphic Designer: Art Director
Title: Freelance: Digital Graphic Designer - Art Director
Location: Boulder, CO
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Freelance Graphic Designer will assist our in-house designers and art directors on the execution of design concepts for a wide variety of projects. You will incorporate graphic elements and typography into our images for our website, emails, and any other ad-hoc projects as requested. The ideal candidate must be creative and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Perform other duties as necessary.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Three or more years of experience in graphic design or experience in high volume agency, in-house or production environment.
- The ability to design elements for other digital platforms like websites, landing pages, pitches, video graphics, mockups, etc.
- Knowledge of design principles and experience with guidelines and brand identity systems.
- Ability to manage time and be effective in high volume, high pressure environment; have a track record of speed, efficiency and creativity.
- Strong working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; Experience with other related creative software is a plus.
- Collaborate with the Creative team to ensure creative intent. Proactively solve production/creative related issues.
- A keen eye for detail and consistency.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in graphic design or relevant creative field.
- Ability to assess creative work against standards with strong visual vocabulary to provide constructive critiques of work and effectively articulate design requirements/direction in a succinct and clear manner.
- Deep knowledge of photography, design, and contemporary visual culture.
- Experience with multiple marketing communication channels, i.e. print, digital, video, web.
- The ability to edit, optimize and output final web-ready digital artwork for brand emails and our website
- An understanding of best practices for design in digital formats and social media advertising
- Animation skillz--AfterEffects and/or strong GIF animation skills a major plus