Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Electrical Engineer position will be responsible for wire harness design and documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience with hands-on cable assembly and design and be able to perform independently with minimal oversight. The applicant is expected to use wire harness design tools such as Zuken E3nd Visio. Having additional knowledge with MCAD tools such as Solidworks would be beneficial.
Duties & responsibilities
- Prepare design layouts, diagrams, wiring harnesses, electrical systems, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, in support of the overall system design.
- Create and revise harness drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.e., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact.
- Design vehicle hardware components to meet customer requirements.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Selection of wire harness engineering content such as cable ampacity sizing, heat shrink mechanical sizing, weatherization, and proper wire splicing
- Receive, create and record JIRA tickets for tracking of assignments
- Translation of engineering requirements to source and vendor control documentation
- Cataloging of vendor and supplier-controlled components, models and specifications
- Release of specifications, drawings and ECNs.
- Interface with Product engineers, Manufacturing engineers and Machinists to produce accurate product representations
- Development of component and subassembly drawings to ASME Y14 standards, inclusive of all planform, sectional and isometric views, notes and GD&T
- Generation of electrical schematics and wiring diagrams from sketches, drawings, datasheets and verbal direction
- Produce engineering Bills of Materials in the Product Life Cycle system (Ex. eMatrix, TeamCenter) in concert with product definition release
- Checking of drawings per company and ASME Y14 standards
- Generation of Engineering Change Notices per company standards and engineering direction
- Level will be dependent on experience
- Associates Degree in a representative Engineering Technology or equivalent required, Bachelors Degree preferred, with 2 years of professional experience.
- Experience transitioning product design from Engineering to Manufacturing
- Experience designing or inspecting to PC/WHMA-A-610 and PC/WHMA-A-620
- Ability to visualize components and assemblies in 2D required, 3D preferred
- Knowledge of drafting principals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products –Word, Excel, Outlook
- Highly organized and efficient
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $60,000 - 90,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.