[Design] Content Design Manager at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is excited at how thoughtful content design can take our products to the next level, so we’re looking for a Content Design Manager to lead the charge. As the first content design hire at Checkr, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on the way we do content. From building out and managing a stellar team of content designers to developing a big-picture strategy for the product, you’ll shape how content design can help demystify the background check process and encourage fair hiring. Millions of people use our products every day, and we know the words they read are a critical part of their journey. We can’t wait to work with you to make that journey even better.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to content design work as the team gets built out
- Grow the content design function in size and impact by hiring and mentoring a top-notch team of content designers
- Drive the strategy and quality of product content at Checkr
- Build and nurture relationships with brand, engineering, product, research, and design leadership
- Work with the product team to prioritize projects and allocate resources for the biggest impact
- Promote processes that enable content design to be an equal partner in developing and launching new or improved features and products
Who you are:
- Excited about improving employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- 8+ years’ professional writing experience, 2+ years managing content designers
- Interested in shaping the content design function at Checkr; and experience doing so at other organizations
- Experience building and leading a team of content designers
- Experience implementing policies, workflows, and strategies that help content teams do their best work
- Have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your UX expertise
- A passionate champion for the user who incorporates business considerations into your design and content goals
- Familiar with design tools such as Figma
- Able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
- Knowledge of accessibility and internationalization standards
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $162,563 - $191,250.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.